A long overdue update on the AdCoin developments. While I want to keep it short, this update has quite some positive impact on the general roadmap. But like always, first a quote 🙂
“You can really only enjoy life when you’re extremely busy.”
– Josephine de La Baume
Hard Fork planning
We have been carefully planning the hard fork for a while now. We will be running simulations by the end of December (one or two weeks) and the official rollout will be around January 31st. There are a lot of questions already, but everything will be explained once the code is officially released. Please don’t worry over your current AdCoin holdings, they will stay with you no matter what. We have also hired additional help to make sure we are properly staffed when the rollout takes place.
Perhaps some of you already noticed: the order process is now fully integrated in the web wallet. This means that you can place an order from inside the wallet, but also that all new orders will automatically be matched to wallet address. The new system also provides different account levels. When you want to order AdCoin above a certain limit, additional information is required. With this in place we are able to get more payment options, which we need for international expansion. This is a huge step forward! Perhaps this sounds boring, but the integration enables the following:
- Advertisers making multiple (documented!) purchases through a (corporate) web wallet
- API integration for advertisers, advertising agencies and publisher
- A lot less ‘hassle’ for new AdCoin purchases
- A relief on the support team
- Possibility to expand to other countries
While the first advertising partnerships are not scheduled until after the hard fork (the time between blocks is crucial), we are growing on other parts of the project. To keep it short and sweet:
- Expanding the team as per January & February (still looking for Dutch interns as well!)
- Moving to a bigger office in January 2018
- Launching marketing in Germany as soon as possible (any help is appreciated!)
- Possible new collaboration with an exchange platform (listing & marketing)!
- Exploring possibilities to translate & expand to Brasil
- Official AdCoin promo video production starts this week
- Re-doing the AdCoin website to support multi-language and adding a lot more content! (planned to launch in January)
While we refrain from price predictions we are expecting an increase in volume when we actively pursue the German market. This would also help to convince advertising platforms to adopt AdCoin for their publishers!
One last thing: please upvote our hardfork on CoinMarketCal!
Once again thank you for your continued support and for any questions please drop me a message on Telegram! Please let us know what you miss in these updates as well, so that I can add it to the next one 🙂